Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Normal

All my life I have been the one who found it hard to think outside the box. Not because I was one to be central in my mindsight or in a mindset where creativity couldn't coexist with reality. No no, it has always been because I was never in the box to begin with. Ever.
For some reason, a large number of things I do receive a general reaction, "Oh Cyndi."
What's that supposed to mean? I just really wish that they would finish their sentences. Like:
"Oh Cyndi, I don't understand you . . . at all." or
"Oh Cyndi, if only you could see how much of an idiot you look like right now." Or
"Oh Cyndi, given a chance to see inside your brain, I wouldn't take it." Or maybe even
"Oh Cyndi, how can you do the things you do and still sleep at night."
I have a very hard time believing that they are all in a constant stupor of thought. Knowing the human mind as intimately as I do, which is me being slightly facetious, there is always something buzzing around up there. Speak up people, I can take it.
So, while contemplating normalcy and the lack thereof I seem to have, I thought, "I could be normal. I'll just take one day and try it. What's the harm?"
But in order to be something you have to know what that is. You can't be a goth without knowing the style, art era, or emotional mindset. Likewise, you can't be fan without something to cheer for, a star without an outlet to shine, or an artist without a desire to create.
What is normal?
First thought: Boring
Second thought: Constraining
Third thought: I think I just threw up in my mouth

This is going to be harder then I thought. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. this post is why we are friends...people tell me I look like an idiot all the time...secondly-normal is defined on dictionary.com as "conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural" therefore, in a way, everyone is normal and abnormal at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete