Sunday, January 3, 2010

One step forward or two steps back

I am a thinker.
I am constantly thinking about today, tomorrow, yesterday, the day that came before yesterday and so and so forth. I think, today this is what I need to do to prevent something tomorrow. Then, I think about how everything went yesterday. I think about how I did not do what I wanted to do and how I am wasting my day today what I should have done tomorrow. That leads me to wonder why I did not do what I was supposed to do when I was supposed to do. Answer? Day dreaming.
I am a dreamer.
It is a constant state of not the current conversation. Someone says that they went to California. Immediately, I am off in California. I'm walking on a pier where I stand on the edge. I wiggle my flip-flop covered toes over the edge and see an empty milk jug covered in algae bobbing on the waters surface. If i am really lucky I might see a dead fish. I would like to boast that I am somewhat a realistic day dreamer.
Oh well, I guess there are certain things about a person that will never change. I hope I forever and always look at everything as if it were some romantic fairy tale. I absolutely love looking at myself and thinking that my possibilities are endless. I know that I can do anything. I really can. I can get what I want assuming that I do it. That's the trick.
Just do it.
Be fearless.
I am a doer.

No comments:

Post a Comment