Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Do To Say You Did

A little over a year ago it was one of those nights where my mind was traveling faster then the rest of me could keep up. I could not sleep. At about two in the morning, in the dark of my parent's kitchen (it was dark because I didn't want to wake up anyone) I pulled out a blank sheet of paper. With a marker I wrote Life Goals with my own person flair.









Then I started to write. Some goals are typical, like go to the Louvre. Some goals are practical like never grow up. Some are fanciful like to stomp in a wine press. But so it has been for the past year as the thoughts come I write them down. Writing is the first step to action.
As time has gone by, my known world has expanded and sadly my little sheet of paper has not. So I started another one.









As I've looked over these sheets and added to them, I can't help but notice that this is a reflection of who I am. It shows what I have done and all that I hope to do.
I do things to say that I have done them.
For example, I wanted to camp out for concert tickets. David Archuleta is coming to BYU-I so I figured that this would be a great chance. At the 3:30 clang of my alarm i was up and trekking across campus with my friend Jessica. Shortly after four we were in line for tickets that wouldn't even start to sell until 8:15.









Living a life of doing things for the sake of doing them has it's price. Like losing sleep which I payed for the next day. But they have their rewards. Like the friendship with the mom and grandma from Shelly, Idaho that was with my in line. Or fourth row tickets.









I wonder. What do you do just to say that you did?

No comments:

Post a Comment