Monday, May 31, 2010

My Diane Swayer Interview

I was having an unusually pensive moment. Starting with my life now I went back in time with important moments as the stepping stones. As I was reviewing what I've done to be who I am today, the monologue in my head transformed into a dialogue between Diane Swayer and myself. Her questions were penetrating leaving me, at times, to have to take a personal moment and stop the tears. Diane asked about all of the hard stuff that make you stronger, like she had lived each step with me.

This is what I came up with. Life. It is a funny thing. The moments that make you cry are the ones you remember most. Be they tears of joy or tears of sadness, you learn. You grow. You become. I want to become love. I want to laugh so hard I cry. I want to welcome everyone with open arms and make them feel what I am so lucky to feel.

Life should be an improvised comedy, not a scripted drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment