Thursday, May 20, 2010

Meeting New People

Being at a University where people come from all over the world, introductions are secret nature. Every single one is the same so that by the end of your first week you know the drill. Yes, even Freshmen get it.

Cyndi: Hi, my name is Cyndi
Person: Hi I'm Esperanza.
Cyndi: Where are you from?
Person: Cleveland, Ohio. You?
Cyndi: Narnia. What's your major?
Person: I'm a math education major. What about you?
Cyndi: I'm Broadcasting Communications.

(The conversation was a imaginative one, I don't know any math education majors.)

It is pretty simple stuff but every so often you slip up, with a slip of the tongue or an unexpected answer. Esperanza handled me being from Narnia quite well. For example, I met a girl form Montana. Meaning to ask, "where in Montana are you from?" I said, "Where is Montana?"
She kindly drew me a map.

No comments:

Post a Comment