Monday, May 17, 2010

The Moon and Me



This weekend I was able to go and chill with my peeps at home. With my arrival Friday night and hoping straight into driving around town, eating chocolate, and home by 10:30 curfew the weekend was off to a great start.
Saturday was a day of organized insanity as time kept reminding us of the schedule (pronounced - shed-u-ooll) we needed to keep, things rocked. From Chrissie's shower in the beautiful sunshine to spending the night with my next generation peeps Bobby and Sharon, things rocked. The Blind Side is such a great show. Just ask Bobby and Sharon, we watched, we laughed, we cried, we ate our weight in popcorn and oreos, and we paused for multiple bathroom breaks.
As everything comes and goes, time had its way and I was to set back on my journey to my home away from home - Rexburg.
The miles quickly occupied the space between me and home sliced peeps. With each turn of the tires, I still had the dark scenery to keep me company. Outside my window rested the moon, shining bright and playful. Not far from this celestial smile was a star. To be specific it is probably a planet because it was bright for all intents and purposes, it was a star. As the moon followed me, the star followed the moon.
That's me and my peeps. I'm that little star and the moon is my home-base. It is where I borrow some light, and where I keep returning. But people grow up, get their own light but I won't ever forget the moon. After all, the moon is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment