Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Birds

When I was younger, probably between 7 and 9 I had a sleepover at my Grandma's house with my cousin Amanda. We stayed up late in the guest bedroom talking about this and that knowing that the other person cared about what we were saying. I guess that's just how things are when your family is your best friend.
Anyway, Amanda has always loved telling me about movies, books, or television shows. We were up late whispering about Alfred Hitchcock's Birds. There was no detail left un-told, no image from a scene left un-lived. It was a fantastic. A short time later I watched the actual film. Since this time it has been one of my favorites.
Let's fast forward to now and days. Up here in the little town of Rexburg I'm just one student in the thousands and I love it. From where I am sitting I can look out across the garden. (This is where many people go to get engaged, take engagement photos, take family pictures, or NCMO) (Non-Commital Make-Out). This morning I woke up early and made my way across campus where there were two rabbits to join along my trail here and there. I startled a duck into flgith and watched the little thing flap and make a noise I've never heard before. Now I see two ravens gathering twigs for a nest. I love it. Every sight, every moment.
But i am not in nature, simply an observer. so you can imagine my surprise when I hear the chatter of birds. Initial thought? A ring tone. Second thought? The Birds are coming to get us. But my panic was calmed when our friendly postal men came by. The chicks for a psychology 300 class had arrived and were being delivered.
No worries, I am safe.

1 comment:

  1. Love that movie. And is there even such thing as an NCMO? I've never heard of it actually effectively happening before...

    ReplyDelete