Monday, April 12, 2010

Knit Picky

I was walking up the stairs, talking to myself (inside my head not outside), and I realized that with the company I keep I should watch what I say. I thought I would share this realization with the internets. All of them.
1 - Avoid words such as and including: honestly, normally, literally. These are all death traps in the ways of knit picky conversation. "Now if you have to say honestly, are you making up for something else?" "Normally? What do you do otherwise? How often do you feel abnormal versus normal?" "Wow, that must be awkward."
2 - Avoid cliche or over used statements as well redundancy. Also avoid repetition. It's annoying.
3 - Never use "your mom" as a comeback. Think about, do you really mean it? I heard it once from a talking animal that if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. I think the same goes for saying and meaning things. If you really mean that their mom the slowest thing you ever saw, then by all means - your mom away.

No comments:

Post a Comment